Downtown Rockland businesses have joined forces to create a fundraising event to support local youth! On Thursday, April 1st it’s time to go back in time for the first annual I Pity the Fool Fundraiser, which will benefit Broadreach programs Mid-Coast Children’s Services and Youthlinks. This three part ’80s-themed event has something for everyone: dinner, dancing and multiple chances to win great prizes!
Show your support by heading to dinner at one of the many participating restaurants who will donate a percentage of all sales from the evening to MCCS and Youthlinks. The list of restaurants who want to get in on this radical event is growing every day, so stay tuned for an updated list at www.youthlinksonline.org. Participating restaurants currently include:
- Café Miranda: This cook owned and operated restaurant features a vast menu that’s sure to have something for every taste–from Italian to Thai, Mexican to Armenian, and more! Call 594-2034 for reservations, and check out www.cafemiranda.com for a complete menu.
- The Boat House Restaurant and Raw Bar: Enjoy seafood and more with a beautiful view of Rockland Harbor. Call 596-0600 to make a reservation.
- Lily Bistro: A casual and contemporary French bistro, Lily Bistro sources as much as possible from Maine and adapts their menu frequently to utilize fresh local ingredients. Call 594-4141 for reservations, and visit www.lilybistromaine.com to learn more about this intimate eatery.
- The Black Bull Tavern: This friendly pub is always a local favorite! Whether you’re in the mood for a burger or a more formal entrée, you’re sure to find what you’re looking for. Call 593-9060 to make a reservation, or simply walk in.
- Amalfi on the Water: Offering seafood dishes and more accented with fresh local ingredients, along with an incredible view of Rockland Harbor. Call 596-0012 for reservations, and visit www.amalfionthewater.com for a full menu.
- Rustica: Features classic Italian fare and an extensive wine list for the grown-ups, as well as kid-friendly favorites like pizza. Call 594-0015 to make a reservation.
- In Good Company: Good food, good drink, and good company! Pair light fare or full-size entrees with selections from the wine list. Call 593-9110 for reservations and check out www.ingoodcompanymaine.com for sample menus.
- Suzuki’s Sushi Bar: Enjoy raw or cooked sushi rolls, and other hot Japanese entrees. Call 596-7447 and visit www.suzukisushi.com for a complete menu, including daily specials.
- Mc-Hale’s: This Irish pub is within walking distance from Lincoln Street Center, where “I Pity the Fool” fun will continue for an ’80s themed dance! Call 593-7887 for reservations, or just walk in.
- Sunfire Grill: Traditional Mexican fare in an intimate Main Street setting. Featuring unique daily specials! Call 594-6196 to make a reservation.
- Waterworks: Cozy pub with family-friendly food and atmosphere. Within walking distance of Lincoln Street Center–perfect for those customers who want to head on down to the ’80s dance after dinner. Call 596-2753 or walk in.
- Park Street Grille: This southwestern restaurant also offers seafood and classic American fare. From tacos to prime rib to burgers, there is something for every taste! Call 594-4944 or walk in.
- Landings Restaurant and Lounge: Seafood and other American fare, with a beautiful view of Penobscot Bay. Lobster served everyday! Call 596-6563 for a reservation.
- Billy’s Tavern: An Irish pub that utilizes fresh, local ingredients. Located in Thomaston, it’s the perfect stopping point for avid ’80s dancers driving to Rockland for the “I Pity the Fool” dance at Lincoln Street Center! Call 354-1177 or walk in.
Purchase raffle tickets for your chance to extend your dining experience into the coming months! You can win gift certificates to all participating restaurants; the grand prize will be a gift certificate to each participating restaurant, valuing over $300!
If dinner whets your appetite for more April Fool’s Day fun, head on over to Lincoln Street Center for an ’80s dance from 7-10pm. This 21+ event is sponsored in part by Café Miranda, and will feature live music by The Awesome, Portland’s premiere ’80s cover band. Don your best legwarmers and a side ponytail, and dance your way to killer giveaways and raffle prizes throughout the evening. Dance tickets are $20 each and available at Rockland locations including The Grasshopper Shop, Youthlinks, Mid-Coast Children’s Services and by phone at 594-2221. Get yours early as a limited number will be sold. Raffle tickets are $5 each or 5 tickets for $20 and can be purchased in advance from Youthlinks and Mid-Coast Children’s Services.