Our Prevention Services Program is growing and we need to have the help of 2 part-time (20 hours per week) or one full time Child Abuse Prevention Specialist(s).
2 positions are available – 1 in Waldo and 1 in Knox county. In both locations the Prevention Specialists will be working on already approved strategies to reduce child abuse and neglect through the provision of parent education and other family supports, as well as providing professional training and community awareness activities.
For the right candidate, the positions may be combined for full time work in the 2 counties.
This is a grant funded position, with the potential of 2 years of funding, and could lead to a full-time position.
Part-time Employees are eligible for a prorated share of some employer provided benefits.
Full time Employees are eligible for full benefits.
The following experience and skills are considered essential:
- At least 3 years experience in a social service or educational setting, including direct service work to multiple populations including children.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office software products.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all constituencies, including clients, employees, board members, regulatory agencies, and the community at large.
- Exceptional communication skills, including oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Exceptional decision making and problem solving skills.
- Time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Knowledge of Waldo County and Knox County and their populations helpful.
Education Requirements: The following education requirements are considered essential: Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Psychology, Social Work or related field.
For more information – Patrick Walsh email@example.com 338-6679
Please send a cover letter indicating your interest in part-time or full-time, a resume and 3 letters of reference
to: Broadreach Family & Community Services 5 Stephenson Lane Belfast, ME 04915
Applications will close upon selection of a qualified applicant. EOE